Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The ever continued argument..Luck or hard work

Dont know for how long it is being discussed..but I argued first time on this topic when I was given this as the topic for Essay writing in 9th standard by our Hindi Teacher.And after a very long discussion with the teacher..this topic was discussed at home with my mom also..and finally my conclusion was though not very much accepted but well appreciated in the form of essay in school as I stood by luck or destiny as supreme.Still when this discussion arises in family or friends,I am not able to convince people most of the time.This is mainly because I feel that I am good in writing rather than talking and convincing people.
Lets start with the comments I get from the opponents of my view.
The master proverb..God helps those who help themselves.That story when one devotee kept waiting for the lord to come to save him in flood and did not accept the boat or air help services. Other live examples of the successful people who did hardwork and then were favoured by destiny for their success.
Other one..You can change ur destiny with your hardwork.One story of the kid who cut his hand lines with knife to make the line for education or so.
And if still I do not accept, I get some harsh looks with a unspoken or spoken statement that if you have this attitude in this young age,you are going to loose in long run.I better value their age and experience.
I dont intend to prove anyone wrong but where my view is concerned,I do or write what I feel is correct,what I have experienced in my life of 24 years and I prefer to stand by that only. It is equally difficult for me also to convince myself with the view I cant belive in.
Who doesnt work hard..a labourer also..but either he doesnt work smart or cant afford the nurture required for the growth.But some does get this support and they proceed ahead...why only them or a few?? And smartness is nothing but using an oppurtunity..and when will any oppurtunity come to your way is ur luck..Some may create oppurtunities as they say..I would like to know how many times..and is it at their discreet or only hardwork..ok..a little luck and more of hardwork..may be thts true..but i feel that the strength to do hardwork also comes from god..u dont meet accident during your preparation days and you suffer with no disease and are able to give your 100% or 1000% to your work..isnt then your hardwork is controlled by luck or destiny.May seem absurd at first reading but put a thought to it..
The proverb..vipatti kale vipreet budhi..why do we act wrongly when already things are going wrong..not all and not all the time..but we say..when it is ur bad time or luck does not favour u...where is your smartness and hardwork then??
No student wants to fail..everyone wants to be an IAS..some do not get direction/guidance..some do not work hard in right direction..etc..but why only those few who fail dont get it and why only successful people get wht is required for the best blend..but we call it time..or graha whn they fail..but if someone wins..all credit goes to his hardwork only..arent we wrong somewhere..??

I wont say that u sit idle and things will work..but i will say tht if u r destined to get something,..god will made u work for it and give u the strength and will power and the guidance to proceed..even if u want to sit idle..he wont let u..ur mind n ur thoughts are somewhere in his command...u fall in love with someone special only ...tht person is not some genius or attractive but just that he has made him for u..n when u see him..god gives u those feelings..n u fall for him..map these feelings to ur general thoughts..dont they come out of the blue from somewhere..n gives u a lead..

Just read and give this all a thought..may be u agree somewhere..I will just conclude with the message of a king to the powerful king who had sent a message to surrender or die to him....Uski marzi ke bina is kudrat ka ek patta bhi nahi hil sakta..

4 comments:

pandit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pandit said...

Nature doesn't consult you,It doesn't give damn to you.You have to accept it as it is.It has it's own framework.

Deepak Alse said...

http://deepakexploreamaze.blogspot.com/

Surabhi said...

Where the person is born..to which parents..in which family..is pre decided.. where the person lives in his life..is also pre decided..but yes,..the people of hardwork may decide it for themselves,,well may b..

Every human being has a story..and as he grows and meets new people..the story of the other person keeps joining along..sometimes it lasts for a few memories and sometimes for a life time..and whom we meet ..where..is decided by destiny...someone had planned it already ..and it affects our life ..our goals..atttitude..direction of life..sometimes..

Some people say that it is our human psychology that for our failures..we blame destiny..rather than our lack of hardwork and effort..well I am happy that whenevr you worked hard you got the desired results..but did it never happen to you that sometime u were just lucky..honestly..